The yearbook of the Northwestern Bible and Missionary Training School (also known as Northwestern Bible School, and later as Northwestern Schools, Northwestern College, and the University of Northwestern–St. Paul) started in 1922 as an annual publication derived from the student magazine entitled The Northwestern Pilot. From 1922–1925, the yearbook carried the same title as the magazine. In 1926, the title of the yearbook changed to The Scroll, which remained the title through 2009 when the yearbook of Northwestern College ceased print publication. Due to the temporary closure of Northwestern College in 1966, there were no yearbooks published for 1967–1972.